Schedule: I'm usually good Tuesday through Thursday nights. Wednesdays have worked out well for people so far, so why not stick with it? I propose a session on Wednesday, April 16th.
Places to go:
- Flood Control Dam No. 3: I don't even know what or where this is.
- The Lost Mine of the Nichtgetan: The lower levels are bound to be rough, with stronger monsters and some nasty hazards. But it's also the right environment for our bottleneck and flaming oil tactics.
- Ohnefrau Vault: Even if we knew where it was, "deadly stonework traps" are not our strong point.
- The Shrine of the Oracle: I'm not sure we're up to handling a Trickster cult, though I'll leave that question to Brother Maduro. On the other hand, getting a truthful answer to a single question is pretty powerful mojo. If nothing else, we could use it to pinpoint the location of the Ohnefrau Vault, assuming we want to go there.
- The Steachwarrens: Like the Lost Mine, this is a good place for our preferred tactics, but we need to know more about which Dragon Army elements are here. Maybe we can hack it, maybe not.
- The Tower of Rary the Traitor: Sounds way too dangerous for my tastes. Let's let this one wait until we're better able to handle magical traps and guardians.
- Witherwood: It doesn't sound like we'd have dangerous magic to worry about here, but I advise against it anyway. There are no bottlenecks in the forest, they bandits are in a perfect position to ambush us as opposed to the other way around, and using flaming oil in the forest will just get us all burned alive when the forest catches fire. No thanks!
Most of the adventure sites need to wait until we have a bit more experience under our belts, not to mention some magical support. Our best bet looks to be another delve into the Lost Mine, although the Steachwarrens might be a good choice, depending on what's there. The Shrine of the Oracle is also on the short list, assuming that the Trickster cultists aren't laden with powerful spells. And there's also Flood Control Dam No. 3, which we know nothing about yet.
Anyone else have any thoughts on the subject?