This is a landing page for proposing new "standard" carousing moves, or emendations to moves described on the Carousing Mechanics page.
Sympathy in a Time of Need
Description: Carouse for the resurrection of a fallen comrade by the followers of a like-aligned deity.
Source: Whitebox Session 25
When you ask a church that you're in good standing with to resurrect someone of the church's alignment, roll 2d6 + Wisdom. On a 10+, they agree in exchange for 1 hold over you. On a 7-9, they do it for 3 hold - two now and one later. On a miss, the DM may suggest an unpleasant alternative, a hard bargain, or an unexpected complication. Holds may be:
- a magic item
- 1,000 gp per level of the character raised
- accepting a geas to perform a task
- a year's worth of geased service to the temple
Description: Having no better ideas for what to do with yourself for the week, you decide to simply squander your hard-earned gold on transient worldly pleasures.
Roll 2d6 + 2 (You're not trying to accomplish anything so no stat applies, but at the same time it makes it a little harder to run into complications). You earn XP equal to the spend. On a 10+, you wake up with nothing worse than a hangover. On a 7-9, pick one complication from the list. On a miss, pick three. Complications may be:
- There's someone really angry at you.
- The town's general opinion of you has gone down.
- You've made an unwanted friend who won't stop asking you for favors.
- You still feel terrible and may suffer minor mechanical penalties on your next adventure.
- You feel like you did something terrible while you were drunk, but you can't remember exactly what it was.