Date: 8 march 2012
PCs: Audrey, Inky Mike, Martin, Pritchard, Roland
Retainers: Jean-Francois, Clarembaut d'Erewan, Millipede the Greazy
On the surface of Thelchineau isle…
- We plunged back into Thelchineau manor, a dilapidated manse on an riverine islet near Glantri city.
- While exploring the surface, we defeated and skinned two displacer beasts and a horde of giant rats (and let me tell you partner, Jean-Francois HATES him some rats!)
Into the shroomy depths
- Trekking deeper we discovered a room of shrieker mushrooms and barely pulled Pritchard away from another immersion into the narcotic spoors produced therein.
- We passed through a confluence of strangely glowing portals and a room full of eerie black powder, but didn't notice any particular effect
- Trekking deeper below the surface, we began to notice creepy albino ivy sprouting from the wall, despite the absence of light
- In an effort to rescue the phantom voice of one "Cennis ", Pritchard was sucked into a magic mirror buried beneath a pile of rubble!
- Martín busted the mirror, unleashing a pair of rude arachno-humanoids, several rats (which Jean-Francois really disliked), Inky Mike (hello!), a roughly clad sort who promptly scurried off, and not one, but TWO Pritchard Hoods!
- Also disgorged were three Civil War-era figures : 2 champions of noble houses, Clarembaut d'Erewan and Virart Thelchineau, resuming their years old duel to the death. Also, the wizard whose voice we followed, identifying himself as Cennis d'Invernesse.
- After the other escapees were dealt with, we attempted to resolve the conflict between the two knights, trapped in the mirror for over 30 years! While Clarembaut d'Erewan seemed a pretty good sort, Virart Thelchineau was a total dick, so we took his boots and all his stuff and sent him packing! I suspect that's the last we'll see of him.
The room of vines
- Pressing deeper, the vines got thicker until we entered a big set piece room with vines hanging from the ceiling, a nasty wizard-displacer beast, his human wizard familiar, and another displacer beast.
- Through Pritchard's clever use of his magic staff, the mage-displacer was trapped between a cube of rock and a cube of meat.
- Millipede defeated the wizard-type with a magic arrow, he turned out to be one of the scions we set out to find - success!
- The lesser displace was webbed, but not slain
- As the party made their escape, Roland was Polymorphed by the wizard-beast into a war-dog! While the faithful hound seems to retain some semblance of his memories and has not objected to the leash, we needs must seek to restore our noble fighter!
- It seems like there may be another party of adventurers snooping around the manor.
In the Gardens: 2 displacer beasts (killed). In the Gardens: 8 giant rats (killed). Magic Mirror Room: 1 doppelganger (killed), 2 spider-men (killed), 2 giant rats (killed 1), 1 grubby-looking fellow (escaped), 2 civil-war era captains (released), 1 civil-war era wizard (escaped). In the Gallery of Vines: 1 displacer beast (escaped), 1 sorcerous displacer beast (escaped), 1 Rouen Thelchineau (captured/rescued)
Losses and Loot
Roland was polymorphed into a wardog by a sorcerous displacer beast.
Treasure collected includes: Rouen, his magic skullcap, and his two silver daggers. A moonstone sphere, bigger than a fist (valued at 1100 gp. 6 identical, knuckle-sized opals (valued at 600gp total). The possessions of Virart Thelchineau (?). Some loose change (12gp, 20sp).
Total GP Value: 1712gp> Total XP for monsters defeated: XXxp.
Full share: 285gp, XXxp. Half share: 142gp, XXxp